"CALDECOTE, a parish in the Atherstone division of the hundred of Hemlingford, in the county of Warwick, 2 miles to the N. of Nuneaton, its post town. It is situated on the border of Leicestershire, near the Trent Valley line of the London and North-Western railway, on which Nuneaton is a station. The parish is crossed by the Coventry canal. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Worcester, value £155, in the patronage of Kirkby Fenton, Esq., who is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Caldecote from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Caldecote to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Caldecote has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP350948 (Lat/Lon: 52.549897, -1.484871), Caldecote which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)