"CHILVERS COTON, a parish in the Atherstone division of the hundred of Hemlingford, in the county of Warwick. It is a station on the North-Western railway and Coventry canal, 8 miles from Coventry, and 1 from Nuneaton. The inhabitants are principally engaged in ribbon weaving and the other manufactures of Coventry and Nuneaton. In the vicinity are several extensive collieries. It contains the hamlet of Griff and Arbury Park, the old seat of the Newdegates."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Chilvers Coton from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chilvers Coton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Chilvers Coton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP361909 (Lat/Lon: 52.515072, -1.468735), Chilvers Coton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)