EATINGTON - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
There are charities producing about £30 per annum, and several societies, under the auspices of the vicar, for the benefit of the labouring classes. The Independents and Wesleyans have each a chapel, and the Friends a meetinghouse. Fox, the founder of that society, first preached in this place. There is a free school, and Sunday-schools belonging to the various places of worship. Eatington Park is the seat of E. J. Shirley, Esq., M.P., whose family have resided here since the Norman Conquest.
"FULREADY, a hamlet in the parish of Eatington, county Warwick, 4 miles S. of Kineton."
"LAMBCOTE, a hamlet in the parish of Eatington, county Warwick, 5 miles S.W. of Kington."
"THORNTON, a hamlet in the parish of Eatington, county Warwick, 4 miles S.W. of Kineton."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]