Exhall near Coventry
"EXHALL NEAR COVENTRY, a parish in the liberty of Coventry, county Warwick, 4 miles N. of Baginton, and the same distance N. by E. from Coventry, its post town. It is situated on the road to Leicester, in the vicinity of the Coventry canal. A small stream called Beach brook passes through the parish. The hamlet of Newland is included within its limits. The people are mostly* employed in the manufacture of ribbons. There are several collieries and a mine of ironstone: building stone is also quarried. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £143. The church is an ancient structure dedicated to St. Giles. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists, also an endowed charity school for boys and girls. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1761."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Exhall (nr. Coventry) from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Exhall near Coventry to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Exhall near Coventry has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP353852 (Lat/Lon: 52.463488, -1.481352), Exhall near Coventry which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)