Hampton in Arden
"HAMPTON-IN-ARDEN, a parish in the Solihull division of the hundred of Hemlingford, county Warwick, 5 miles S. of Coleshill, and 9 S.E. of Birmingham. At Hampton Junction are stations of the London and North-Western and Midland Junction railways. Solihull is its post town. The parish, which is large, is situated on the western bank of the river Blythe, and near the Birmingham canal. It contains the township of Hampton, and the villages of Knowle, Nuthurst, and Kinwalsey. The village, which is built on a slight elevation, consists of several streets, and was formerly a market town under a charter granted by Henry III."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Off Pound House Lane, Nuthurst, Church of England|
|SS Mary and Bartholomew, Hampton in Arden, Church of England|
|St Thomas, Hockley Heath, Church of England|
|Butchers Road, Hampton in Arden, Congregationalist|
- The transcription of the section for Hampton in Arden from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hampton in Arden to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hampton in Arden has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP205811 (Lat/Lon: 52.427443, -1.700563), Hampton in Arden which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)