"KINGSBURY, a parish in the Tamworth division of the hundred of Hemlingford, county Warwick, 5½ miles S. of Tamworth, 5 N.E. of Coleshill, and halt a mile from the Kingsbury station on the Midland, Birmingham, and Derby Junction line of railway. Atherstone is its post town. The parish is considerable, and contains the village of Hurley, also the hamlets of Dosthill, Holloughton, Hurley, Foulend, Drakenage, Stateley, Heanley, Whateley Cliff, Bodymoor Heath, &c."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]