"LAPWORTH, a parish in the Warwick division of the hundred of Kington, county Warwick, 3 miles N. of Henleyin-Arden, and 6 from the Kingswood railway station. It is situated on the Birmingham and Stratford canal, and near the Birmingham and Oxford railway. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. It is a meet for the North Warwickshire hounds. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £350."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Lapworth from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Lapworth to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Lapworth has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP164713 (Lat/Lon: 52.339115, -1.760988), Lapworth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)