"LEAMINGTON-HASTINGS, a parish in the southern division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 6 miles S.W. of Rugby, 4 N.E. of Southam, its post town, and 1½ mile from the Budingbury station on the Rugby and Leamington branch of the London and North-Western railway. The parish, which is wholly agricultural, is situated on the W. bank of the river Leam, which, rising near Nethercote, takes a circuitous course of 24 miles to the W., past Maston and Leamington Priors, and joins the river Avon near Warwick."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Leamington Hastings from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Leamington Hastings to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Leamington Hastings has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP445677 (Lat/Lon: 52.305172, -1.3484), Leamington Hastings which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)