"LILLINGTON, a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 1½ mile N.E. of Leamington, its post town and railway station, and 3 miles N.E. of Warwick. The village, which is small, is situated near the river Avon and Napton canal, and is chiefly agricultural. There are some brick-kilns. Sandstone is quarried for building purposes. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £167."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Lillington Free Church, Cubbington Road, Lillington, United Reformed Church|
|Our Lady, Lillington, Roman Catholic|
- The transcription of the section for Lillington from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Lillington to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Lillington has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP331673 (Lat/Lon: 52.302811, -1.516628), Lillington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)