[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Little Compton to another place.
- The parish of Little Compton was formerly a detached parish of Gloucestershire. It was transferred to Warwickshire in 1844.
See also: Sutton under Brailes.
You can see the administrative areas in which Little Compton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP262303 (Lat/Lon: 51.970711, -1.619797), Little Compton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)