"MILVERTON, a parish in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 2 miles N.E. of Warwick, and 1 mile N. of Leamington, of which it maybe considered a suburb. It is a station on the Leamington and Coventry section of the London and North-Western railway. The village, which contains some villa residences is situated in a sheltered spot on the eastern bank of the river Avon, which at this point makes an extensive sweep. The land is fertile and highly cultivated. The parish includes the hamlet of Emscote, or Edmonscott, and the goods station belonging to the London and North-Western railway for the towns of Leamington and Warwick."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Milverton from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Milverton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Milverton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP305664 (Lat/Lon: 52.295147, -1.553793), Milverton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)