"NUNEATON, a parish, post, and market town, in the Atherstone division of the hundred of Hemlingford, county Warwick, 5 miles S. of Hinckley, 18 N. by E. of Warwick, and 96½ N.W. of London. It has a junction station at Bond-End on the Trent Valley railway, where the Nuneaton and Coventry line branches off, also on the Birmingham and Leicester section of the Midland railway. It is situated on the river Anker, which is here crossed by three bridges, and near the Coventry canal. The parish comprises the hamlets of Attleborough and Stockingford, which are separate curacies."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]