OFFCHURCH - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The soil is of various qualities, but generally fertile. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £140. The church, dedicated to St. Gregory, is an ancient structure with a square tower containing four bells. The interior of the church contains several monuments and tablets. There is a parochial school for children of both sexes. Offchurch Bury is a mansion situated on the banks of the Leam, in a well-wooded park. The Earl of Aylesford is lord of the manor and sole landowner."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]