"OLD STRATFORD, a parish in the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick. It includes, besides the market town of Stratford-on-Avon, the village of Old Stratford and the hamlets of Bishopton, Bushwood, Drayton, Dodwell, Luddington, and Shottery, besides parts of Wilncott. For living and other particulars see Stratford on Avon.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Old Stratford from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Old Stratford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Old Stratford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP202562 (Lat/Lon: 52.203399, -1.706486), Old Stratford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)