"PILLERTON-PRIORS, a parish in the Brailes division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 4 miles W. by S. of Kington. It was formerly a separate parish, but is now in conjunction with that of Pillerton-Hersey, from which it is distant about 1 mile to the S. The road from Banbury to Stratford-on-Avon and also the Roman Fosse Way traverse the parish. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. Pillerton-Priors formerly belonged to Kenilworth Priory, from which circumstance it received the adjunct to its name."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Pillerton Priors from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Pillerton Priors to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Pillerton Priors has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP293477 (Lat/Lon: 52.127007, -1.573448), Pillerton Priors which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)