Sutton under Brailes
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Sutton under Brailes to another place.
- The parish of Sutton under Brailes was formerly a detached parish of Gloucestershire. It was transferred to Warwickshire in 1844.
See also: Little Compton.
You can see the administrative areas in which Sutton under Brailes has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP300372 (Lat/Lon: 52.032852, -1.564693), Sutton under Brailes which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)