"WELLESBOURNE-HASTINGS, a parish in the Warwick division of Kington hundred, county Warwick, 5 miles from Stratford-on-Avon, and 6 from Warwick. It is situated on a branch of the river Avon. The parish includes the ecclesiastical district of Walton, and the hamlet of Wellesbourne-Mountford, which is separately rated. The village was formerly a place of more importance than at present, and had a charter granted by Edward I. for a weekly market and an annual fair."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Wellesbourne Hastings from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wellesbourne to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wellesbourne has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP280553 (Lat/Lon: 52.19535, -1.591902), Wellesbourne which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)