"WESTON-UNDER-WETHERLEY, a parish in the Southam division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, 4 miles N.E. of Leamington, its post town, and 6 N.E. of Warwick. The village is situated on the road to Rugby, at a little distance from the river Leam, which flows on the S.E. The county reformatory for boys was erected here in 1856, and contains about 50 boys, who are employed in cultivating 30 acres of land, and are taught trades. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Worcester, value £90. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The register dates from 1660. The parochial charities produce about £4 per annum. Lord Clifford is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]