Weston upon Avon
"WESTON-UPON-AVON, a parish partly in the Alcester division of Barlichway hundred, county Warwick, but chiefly in the upper division of Kiftsgate hundred, county Gloucester, 4 miles S.W. of Stratford-on-Avon, and 6 from the Honeybourne station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton railway. The village is situated on the Avon, which is navigable to Tewkesbury. The parish comprises the tythings of Weston and Milcote. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester, value £90. The church is dedicated to All Saints. The local charities produce about £12 per annum, the endowment of Eden's school. Earl Amherst is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Weston upon Avon from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Weston upon Avon to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Weston upon Avon has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP161516 (Lat/Lon: 52.162245, -1.766052), Weston upon Avon which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)