"WHITNASH, a parish in the Kenilworth division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, half a mile S.E. of Leamington-Priors, and 3 miles S.E. of Warwick. The village is situated within half a mile of the Warwick and Knapton canal. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £320. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, contains two brasses, the earliest bearing date 1503. There is a National school, The charities produce about £3 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Whitnash to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Whitnash has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP325632 (Lat/Lon: 52.266266, -1.52564), Whitnash which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)