"WILLEY, a parish in the Kirby division of Knightlow hundred, county Warwick, 3½ miles W. of Lutterworth, and 6 N. of Rugby. The parish is situated on the line of the ancient Watling Street, and close to the Midland Counties railway. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £300, in the patronage of the crown. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, has been recently repaired. The register dates from 1661. The Earl of Denbigh is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Willey to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Willey has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP495849 (Lat/Lon: 52.459566, -1.272182), Willey which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)