"WITHYBROOK, a parish in the hundred of Knightlow, county Warwick, 7 miles N.W. of Rugby, and 8 N.E. of Coventry, on the river Sow, near the Oxford canal. The parish includes the hamlet of Hopsford. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester, annexed to that of Monks-Kirby. The church is dedicated to St. George or to All Saints."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Withybrook from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Withybrook to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Withybrook has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP435845 (Lat/Lon: 52.456585, -1.361876), Withybrook which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)