"WIXFORD, a parish in the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 2 miles S. of Alcester, near the river Alne. The living is a curacy annexed to-that of Exhall. The church, dedicated to St. Milburgh, contains a brass, date 1411, to Thomas de Crewe, and one of a priest."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wixford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wixford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP087546 (Lat/Lon: 52.189825, -1.874456), Wixford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)