"WOLVERTON, a parish in the hundred of Barlichway, county Warwick, 4½ miles N.E. of Stratford-on-Avon, and 5 S.W. of Warwick. The village is situated in the vale of the Avon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £300. The church is dedicated to St. Mary the Virgin."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wolverton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wolverton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP208624 (Lat/Lon: 52.258964, -1.696615), Wolverton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)