"ALVESDISTON, a parish in the hundred of Chalk, in the county of Wilts, 9 miles to the S.W. of Wilton. Cranbourne Chase is within a few miles of it on the S.E. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury, value £271, in the patronage of the Vicar of Broadchalke. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Indexes and registers of the parish church of Alvediston, St Mary:
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Alvediston to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Alvediston has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Alvediston from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST965228 (Lat/Lon: 51.00473, -2.050924), Alvediston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)