"BLACKLAND, a parish in the hundred of Calne, in the county of Wilts, 2 miles from Calne, its post town. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, of the value of £160, in the patronage of the Rev. James Mayo. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. Blackland House, the principal mansion, was formerly the seat of the Mann ell family."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Blackland to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Blackland has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Blackland from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU024685 (Lat/Lon: 51.415347, -1.966382), Blackland which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)