Chitterne St Mary
"CHILTERN ST. MARY, a parish in the hundred of Heytesbury, in the county of Wilts. It adjoins the parish of Chiltern All Saints."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a Wiltshire Index Service Burials 1653-1862
- A transcription of the section for Chitterne St Mary from the National Gazetteer (1868).
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chitterne St Mary to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Chitterne St Mary has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST986436 (Lat/Lon: 51.191365, -2.020712), Chitterne St Mary which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Population was 183 in 1831, 313 in 1951 (combined population of Chitterne All Saints and Chitterne St Mary).