"WEST CHOLDERTON, a parish in the hundred and union of Amesbury, in the county of Wilts, 4 miles W. of Amesbury, and 9 from Salisbury. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £225, in the patronage of Oriel College, Oxford. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The charities produce about £12 per annum, and are applied to the support of a school. The principal residence is Cholderton Lodge."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a National Burial Index 1608-1837
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Cholderton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Cholderton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Cholderton from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU217431 (Lat/Lon: 51.186711, -1.690736), Cholderton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)