"COOMBE BISSETT, a parish in the hundred of Cawden, in the county of Wilts, 3 miles S.W. of Salisbury. It is situated on the banks of the Avon. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury, value with the curacy of West Harnham annexed, £220, in the patronage of the Prebend of Coombe and West Harnham. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. There is a National school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a Wiltshire Index Service Burials 1800-1837
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Coombe Bisset to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Coombe Bisset has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Coombe Bisset from Wiltshire Community History.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU102245 (Lat/Lon: 51.019627, -1.856002), Coombe Bisset which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)