"DRAYCOTT FOLIATT, a parish in the hundred of Kingsbridge, in the county of Wilts, 4.1 miles S.E. of Swindon. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £165, in the patronage of A. Goddard, Esq. The church has long been destroyed, and the inhabitants attend that of the adjoining parish. Bishop Buckeridge, who wrote against Bellarmine, was a native."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Common to all parishes is a WSRO registers: Chr 1817-1820, Mar 1813-1818, Bur 1817-1830
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Draycot Foliat to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Draycot Foliat has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Draycot Foliat from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU177776 (Lat/Lon: 51.497334, -1.745925), Draycot Foliat which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)