"LIMPLEY-STOKE, a chapelry in the parish and hundred of Bradford on Avon, county Wilts, 3 miles W. of Bradford, its post town. It is a station on the Bathampton branch of the Wilts and Somerset railway. It is situated on the river Avon, and near the Kennet and Avon canal. It is joined with Winsley. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the vicarage* of Bradford-on-Avon, in the diocese of Sarum. The church is a small structure dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Limpley Stoke is 3 miles West of Bradford on Avon, and 2 miles SE of Bath (Somerset). It was in the parish of Bradford on Avon. Grid Ref ST780608. Postcode BA3 6HE. Population 520 in 1951.
Common to all parishes is a National Burial Index 1611-1837
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Limpley Stoke to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Limpley Stoke has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST780608 (Lat/Lon: 51.345851, -2.317258), Limpley Stoke which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)