"LIDDIARD MILLICENT, (or Lydiard), a parish in the hundred of Highworth, county Wilts, 2 miles S. of Purton, its railway station and post town, and 3 N.E. of Wooton-Bassett. The village, which is small, is situated near the Great Western and Cheltenham railways, and the road from Cricklade to Wootton-Bassett passes through the parish. The surface is flat and the land generally in rich pasture. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £495, in the patronage of Pembroke College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has a tower containing five bells. It has recently undergone thorough repair. The parochial charities produce about £6 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Lydiard Millicent or Liddiard Millicent is 4 miles West of the centre of Swindon. Grid Ref SU093860. Postcode SN5 3LS. Population 821 in 1951.
Common to all parishes is a Wiltshire Index Service Burials 1800-1837
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Lydiard Millicent to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Lydiard Millicent has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU079858 (Lat/Lon: 51.571227, -1.88806), Lydiard Millicent which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)