"MELCHET-PARK, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Alderbury, county Wilts, 9 miles S.E. of Salisbury. It has a Hindoo temple to the memory of Warren Hastings, erected by Daniell in 1800."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Melchet Park was an extra-parochial liberty and was in the South-East corner of Wiltshire, 9 miles SE of Salisbury. Grid Ref SU275223 is Melchet Court. Postcode SO51 6FS. Population 27 in 1831, for 1951 see Plaitford.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Melchet Park to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Melchet Park has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU275223 (Lat/Lon: 50.999439, -1.609482), Melchet Park which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)