"NORTH TIDWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Amesbury, county Wilts, 2 miles S.W. of Ludgershall, and 8 from Amesbury, on a branch of the river Avon, near Chidbury Camp. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Sarum, value £266, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The charities include Price's almshouses."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
North Tidworth is 2 miles SW of Ludgershall. Grid Ref SU234490. Population 392 in 1831, 4,916 in 1951. Contains a large army camp. Tidworth is adjacent in Hampshire.