"PEWSHAM, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Chippenham, county Wilts, 1½ mile S.E. of Chippenham."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Pewsham was an extra-parochial liberty and is 2 miles SE of Chippenham. Grid Ref ST948708. Population 383 in 1831, 561 in 1951
- A transcription of the section for Pewsham from the National Gazetteer (1868).
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Pewsham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Pewsham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST948708 (Lat/Lon: 51.436173, -2.076197), Pewsham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)