"TEFFONT MAGNA, a parish in the hundred of Warminster, county Wilts, 10 miles W. of Salisbury, its post town, and 5 E. of Hindon. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Dinton, in the diocese of Sarum. The church is an ancient edifice. W. Wyndham, Esq., of Dinton House, is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Teffont Magna is 5 miles East of Hindon. Grid Ref ST988324. Postcode SP3 5QU. Population 213 in 1831, 297 in 1951.
Common to all parishes is a WSRO registers: Chr 1852-1991, Mar 1852-1992
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Teffont Magna to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Teffont Magna has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Teffont Magna from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST988324 (Lat/Lon: 51.09091, -2.018512), Teffont Magna which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)