National Gazetteer (1868) - Teffont Magna
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"TEFFONT MAGNA, a parish in the hundred of Warminster, county Wilts, 10 miles W. of Salisbury, its post town, and 5 E. of Hindon. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Dinton, in the diocese of Sarum. The church is an ancient edifice. W. Wyndham, Esq., of Dinton House, is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]