"WHITEPARISH, a parish in the hundred of Frustfield, county Wilts, 7½ miles S.E. of Salisbury, and 3 S. of West Dean railway. It includes the Earldoms, an extra parochial district which once belonged to the Earls of Somerset, and the tythings of Alderstone, Abbotstone, Cowsfield Estuary, Cowsfield Lovers, and Whelpley. The principal seats are Bloxmore House, Brickworth, Cowsfield House, and Melchet Park, the last the residence of the Hon. F. Baring. The soil is clay and chalk. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Salisbury, value £126. The church, dedicated to All Saints, was repaired in 1853. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists have chapels. There are National and endowed schools for both sexes. The charities produce about £100 per annum, including the school endowments."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Whiteparish is 8 miles SE of Salisbury. Grid Ref SU247236. Postcode SP5 2RG. Population 1,254 in 1831, 647 in 1951.