"WINGFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Bradford, county Wilts, 2½ miles S. of Bradford, and 2 S.W. of Trowbridge. The village includes the tything of Rowley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, val: £240, in the patronage of trustees. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The charities produce about £4 per annum. J. Houlton, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Wingfield or Winkfield is 2 miles West of Trowbridge. Grid Ref ST826568. Postcode BA14 9LW. Population 288 in 1831, 294 in 1951.
Common to all parishes is a BTs before surviving registers for 1622-31, 1642-
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wingfield to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wingfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Wingfield from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST818574 (Lat/Lon: 51.31551, -2.262283), Wingfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)