"YATESBURY, a parish in the hundred of Calne, county Wilts, 4½ miles N.E. of Calne. The village is situated on the river Kennet. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury, value £510. The church, dedicated to All Saints, was restored and the chancel rebuilt in 1855. In the interior is an ancient Norman font, and some stained glass. There is a church school, built by the rector in 1856. The charities produce only £1 per annum. J. Tanner, Esq., and J. Tuckey, Esq., are lords of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Yatesbury is 4 miles NE of Calne. Grid Ref SU063715. Postcode SN11 8YE. Population 274 in 1831.
Common to all parishes is a National Burial Index 1607-1837
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Yatesbury to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Yatesbury has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Yatesbury from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU071715 (Lat/Lon: 51.442368, -1.89982), Yatesbury which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)