BROADWAS - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BROADWAS, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, in the county of Worcester, 6 miles to the W. of Worcester. It lies on the banks of the river Teme, near the Malvern and Hereford branch of the West Midland railway, and contains the hamlet of Broadgreen. The parish has some rich meadow-lands, hop-grounds, and orchards. The living is a rectory* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Worcester, value £253, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene. The parochial charities produce £7 a year."
"BROADGREEN, a hamlet in the parish of Broadwas, hundred of Oswaldslow, in the county of Worcester, 5 miles to the W. of Worcester."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]