"CROPTHORNE, a parish in the middle division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, in the county of Worcester, 3 miles S.E. of Pershore, its post town, and 1¼, mile S. of Fladbury railway station. It is situated on the banks of the river Avon, and contains the hamlets of Charlton and Netherton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester, value £85, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an old stone building in the Gothic style of architecture, and contains monuments to the Dingleys. The charities amount to £16 per annum. The Primitive Methodists have a chapel. There is a free school for boys and girls. The Dean and Chapter of Worcester are lords of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]