"EVENLODE, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, county Worcester, 3 miles N.E. of Stow-on-the-Wold, and 3 S.E. of Morton-in-the-Marsh, its post town and railway station on the West Midland line. It is situated locally in the county of Gloucester, on the small river Evenlode. In Domesday Book it is called Eunilade, and was part of the demesne of Worcester church. The surface is flat, and the soil a deep rich loam. The living is a rectory* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Worcester, value £396. The church is an ancient structure, partly Norman. The charities produce about £10 per annum. There is a National school for both sexes. Whitmore Jones, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]