"FLYFORD-FLAVEL, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Pershore, county Worcester, 6 miles N.E. of Pershore, and 7 E. of Spetchley. Worcester is its post town. The nearest railway station is Spetchley on the Birmingham and Gloucester line. The living is a rectory* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Worcester, value £100. The church is a small Gothic edifice, dedicated to St. Peter, supposed to have been built in 1051. Large quantities of shells and fossils are found in the neighbourhood, and in the village is a chalybeate spring. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1813."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]