"FRANKLEY, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Halfshire, county Worcester, 3 miles S.E. of Hales Owen, its post town, and 6 N.E. of Bromsgrove. It is situated near the Birmingham and Worcester railway, the King's Norton station on that line being about 1½ mile E. of the village. The living is a donative curacy in the diocese of Worcester. The church, dedicated to St. Leonard, is a stone edifice of the early part of the 13th century, recently restored. There is a free school. Judge Lyttelton was a native of Frankley. On some hills here there are several noble trees known as the Frankley Beeches, which are conspicuous for many miles. The prospect from this spot is very extensive, and at a short distance is a piece of water called Westminster Pool, from its area corresponding in extent with that of Westminster Hall. Lord Lyttelton is lord of the manor, and takes the title of baron from this place."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]