"HAGLEY, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Halfshire, county Worcester, 2½ miles S.E. of Stourbridge, its post town, 7 N.W. of Bromsgrove, and 10 from Birmingham. It is a station on the West Midland railway. The parish contains the hamlet of Wassel and a large Roman encampment on Witchbury Hill. The land is partly in common, but is well wooded. The surface is undulating, and the scenery richly diversified. The village, which is considerable, contains some good private houses, and in the vicinity are several handsome family seats."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]