"HALLOW, a parochial chapelry in the lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, county Worcester, 3 miles N.W. of Worcester, its post town, and 5 S.E. of Martley. It is situated on the river Severn, which describes its eastern boundary. The parish is extensive, and wholly agricultural. It contains the hamlets of Shoulton and Broadheath. The land is fertile and chiefly arable. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Grimley, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is a modern structure built on the site of the old one in 1830. In the interior are several monuments. The charities produce about £60 per annum. At Broadheath there is a chapel belonging to the Countess of Huntingdon's persuasion, also a school endowed with £100 for the same purpose. There is a free school. Hallow Park, the principal residence, is situated on a lofty eminence commanding a view of the river Severn. The Bishop of Worcester is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]