"HINDLIP, (or Hinlip), a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, county Worcester, 4 miles N.E. of Worcester, its post town, 4 S.W. of Droitwich, and close to the Fearnall railway station. It is a small village, situated near the Worcester and Birmingham canal, at an intermediate distance between the Worcester and Droitwich roads. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £202. The living is a rectory* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Worcester, value £150. The church, dedicated to St. James, is an ancient structure, with a square embattled tower containing two bells. Hinlip House is the principal residence, and is the seat of Lord Southwell, who is lord of the manor.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]