"KINGTON, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Halfshire, county Worcester, 9½ miles E. of Worcester, its post town, 8 N.E. of Pershore, and 8,L S.W. of Alcester. It is a small agricultural place consisting of a few farmhouses and cottages. The tithes were commuted for corn-rents under an Enclosure Act in 1781. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, value £99. The church, dedicated to St. John, is a plain structure with a tower containing three bells."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]