"MARTIN HUSSINGTREE, a parish in the Upper division of the hundred of Pershore, county Worcester, 3 miles S.W. of Droitwich, 4 N.E. of Worcester, its post town, and 1 mile from the Fearnall Heath station, on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton railway. The village, which is small, is situated on the road from Birmingham to Bristol, and is wholly agricultural. The Droitwich canal passes through a portion of the parish. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £248 108. The living is a rectory* [the asterisk denotes that there is a parsonage and glebe belonging to the living] in the diocese of Worcester, value £248, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a small structure. The parochial charities produce about £3 per annum, besides a share in Salwark school."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]